World Professional Standings
2007 - 23rd
2006 - 24th
2005 - 28th
2004 - 10th/11th
2003 - 23rd
Major Awards And Victories
- 1980: NPCA Champion, Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Driver
- 1981: Cheyenne Frontier Days, Frank D. Bean Memorial Award
- 1985: Cheyenne Frontier Days
- 1997: WPCA Most Improved Chuckwagon Outfit
- 1998: Grande Prairie Stompede, WPCA GMC Tour Championship
- 2001: Klondike Chuckwagon Derby
- 2004: WPCA Most Improved Chuckwagon Outfit
Herman Flad was a veteran driver with over 35 years experience with a very distinguished driving record. He has won several major and prestigious chuckwagon events including the inaugural WPCA Pro Tour Championship, the Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby, the Grande Prairie Stompede, the Klondike Chuckwagon Derby, and twice won the Cheyenne Frontier Days championship. Herman has qualified for the Calgary Stampede's sudden death championship final heat four times, is a 2-time winner of the WPCA's Most Improved Chuckwagon Outfit Award, and won the 1980 NPCA Championship. 2007 saw Herman posted 14 top ten runs, including 5 runs that cracked the top 5. A 9th place overall finishes at the Grande Prairie Stompede, and 4th place overall finishes at the Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede and the Colonial Days Fair in Lloydminster were his best of the year.
On August 5, 2008, Herman was killed as the result of a highway accident while commuting from the WPCA Dodge Pro Tour Championship in Strathmore to the Battle of the North in Dawson Creek. He was 68 years old. Herman is survived by his wife Jean, three children--fellow chuckwagon drivers--Troy (Shannon) & Darcy (Rochelle), and Shelly (Dave Biever) and 9 grandchildren.